Friday, April 4, 2008

NYC - Day 2

Golly!

My second day in New York, and I'm feeling completely exhausted and overwhelmed. This is a big place.

Had dinner last night at a great veg restaurant called Red Bamboo. Am staying with a couple of vegan friends and a friend of theirs organised this big dinner with about 20 veg and vegan people he knew, so it was a nice way to spend my first night here- chatting with interesting people from around the States and the world over good food.

Today had brunch at Teany, a teeny veg cafe part owned by Moby. Recommend the triple chocolate brownie brownie (not sure whether the second brownie was a typo on the menu, but i like it). After that went on a mission to find new shoes, mine were in a state.. the sole had almost completely come away from the right shoe. Then headed to the Met via a dawdle through Central Park, stopping along the way to be charmed by squirrels.

Somehow those few activities filled my entire day.. I guess I did a lot of wandering along the way. Will post photos at some point.

No comments: