Saturday, February 9, 2008

Inis Mór

Went to Inis Mór (pronounced inish-more) on Thursday. Inis Mór is one of the Aran Islands, west of the Galway coast. The locals there (what few there are) still speak Irish.

My housemate Jenna and I took a ferry there then rented bikes and explored! The island was practically deserted.. not the tourist season, and lucky for us. We were also lucky enough to get good weather for this time of year.. we even saw some blue sky (believe it or not). We rode up to Dun Aonghasa (pronouned dun-engis), a centuries old semi circular stone fortification perched on the edge of some amazing cliffs.. the urge to jump off the edge was inexplicable and frightening! I think the photos below speak for themselves.. what an experience. We had a great day. I'll definitely take any future visitors of mine over there for the day.

2 comments:

matthew d kyhnn said...

i can't help but notice you referred to jenna as your 'housemate.' last time i checked, you lived in an ex-massage parlor! therefore, she would be your ex-massageparlormate.

emma said...

that's definitely fair. i couldn't be bothered editing it, so this is my acknowledgement of my mistake. jenna is actually my ex ex-massage-parlourmate. the extra ex is because she doesn't live in the ex-massage parlour anymore.