Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Rooftops, beaches

Back to Galway and the weather is fine. Enjoying unemployment just a little too much. I'm a little stressed about the money situation, but I'm sure things will work out soon. Just moved into a new room in my house. I was previously in the attic (4th floor), am now in the only bedroom on the 2nd floor. It's also the largest bedroom, and the only one with a fireplace. Gorgeous, lovely etc. I loved my attic room, but got sick of climbing a dodgy ladder all the time. Stuck it out for six months, enjoyed the whole starving-artist-living-in-an-attic romance, am now glad to have a normal door to walk through.
Planning on buying a bicycle soon. I'd like to work somewhere just outside the city, somewhere I can cycle to. While in the states I realised how unfit I've become. Yarr.
Life is grand.
It's amazing to watch Galway change as the weather does. The city feels mopey, cold and unhappy in the winter, but any day the sun is out, people are out in hoardes. Outside tables at restaurants and pubs are crowded, as are Eyre Square, and the Spanish Arch. Constant invitations to beach & rooftop parties, barbecues.





No comments: